Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12-14-11 DB Dailies and More

At 0620 I found Irma (R010) just hauling out to the main beach at Sandy Beach. I got her cordoned off in the dark, and she has remained there all day. On my 1800 check Irma was gone.

 At 0755 I found Kolohe (RW22) doing 7 minute dives at Spitting Cave.

 At 1110 on my 2nd look at Rabbit Island, I found Nani (RK60) snoozin' in the Morning Glory, 20 ft right of 3BS. She would move down to the water front rocks to cool off at 1130.

 By absolute, sheer luck I happened to check Crappy Cove for the umpteenth time at 1221, and lo and behold there was Kaiwi (RK96) just hauling out to the water front rocks. She has remained the rest of the day. At 1532 she moved up to the sand and then galumphed approximately 100 ft east, to her Naupaka. She was still there when I departed at dark.

Dera called at 0836 to advise that an U/U, with 2 red tags, had been reported at Ola's at Turtle Bay at 0700. The animal departed at 0830. Whether it is connected or not, Dera advised that Joy Silver had found R5AY at 1128 at Right Spot's Spot.

 Also in that 1128 Dera call she advised of an U/U in Haleiwa (no further word) , and also Right Spot (R016) at Kahuku Point.

Irma @ Sandy Beach 
 Beautiful shot of Sandy's Irma has the beach all by her lonesome
 Irma soooo close to her baby girl - just down the road from crappy cove
 Kolohe @ Spitting Cave
Tail's up
  Kaiwi @ Crappy Cove
 She's getting good at climbing these rocks
 Hiding her little self.... tooo cute. But for sure scary.

No comments: