Friday, December 2, 2011

12-2-11 A Few Messages from Da Blog Lady

Aloha Good People!
I have been asked by David Schofield, Regional Marine Mammal Health and Response Program Manager to remind all of you of some information listed below.... Also if you click on that cute dog there you will see some FAQs regarding dogs and seals.
AS A REMINDER to all volunteers, and anyone involved in responding to monk seal haul outs, pupping event monitoring, molting events, any category of stranding response for monk seals, surveys to monitor for monk seals of concern, or any other dispatched response or response scheduled or associated with the MMRN, of the following: 
 *Do not, under any circumstances, take or bring your dog (or any other pet) to a monk seal response, monitoring event, or shift as described above. If you do not have a plan for your dog (or pet ) to be cared for while you are asked to respond or hold a shift than you must tell your coordinator or program lead that you are not available to respond to the event or shift. 


I also want to take the opportunity to wish Mrs. Whisperer a belated Birthday.... I want her to know I appreciate her and all that she does very much, and it has been a pleasure getting to know her over the past couple of years.... ( and a special thank you for taking good care of DB.... he can be stubborn, his back told me so). 


DB mentioned Da Duck that has been hanging out at Alan Davis beach.... I wanted to include a picture I took a couple of weeks ago.... I certainly thought today I had a better chance of seeing da duck before finding Kaiwi... BUT I got lucky!  I had a great monk seal day and spent the afternoon with some wonderful company... Tammy, da Gayle, June, Cathy, Mr & Mrs. Whisperer, Tracy and Alex (Tracy's intern).  

Merganzer Duck

No comments: