Monday, December 19, 2011

12-19-11 DB's Dailies Kaiwi,Kermit&Irma@SB, Kolohe,Sadie,Nani&M38@RI, RI37@Haleiwa

She wasn't there at 0615, but was there on my next look at 0705. She was Irma (R010)... There was Crappy Cove. I found Irma at mid cove, cordoned her off, and continued the adventure.

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0754 I identified RM38 at Seal Rock Inlet. When I got back for next and only other look , at 1255 I found that the cast had grown. Nani (RK60) was now on the far left end of the beach. Kolohe (RW22) was 80 ft left of 1BS. Sadie (RB12) was on the water front rocks, 40 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. M38 had moved down into the inlet and was only partially visible.
I was driving down the road, just passing the Blowhole Lookout, when I saw an animal just hauling out fronting lifeguard tower 4B. At the same moment I got two calls reporting the haul out. When I arrived I found Kermit (R012) on the beach, at the water line, with a steep cut to attempt to climb. I got him cordoned off, but minutes afterward, he gave up the climb, and rolled back to the water, heading east. I picked up the stuff as quickly as possible and hightailed it to Crappy Cove, just in case. Sure enough at 1001 there was Kermie's swimming head moving into the cove. He hauled out at 1017, approximately 75 ft east of Irma, and has remained there the rest of the day.

Gayle, June & I were jokingly saying that all we needed was Kaiwi ! ......... 1110...Kaiwi (RK96). She hauled out to the dry pools amongst the rocks at the far east end of the cove, near her Naupaka hangout .
Okay, I spoke with Gayle this afternoon AND I would have loved to have been there to see the expression on all your faces.... That would have been the picture of the day. How exciting to have three seals there... How extra exciting to have lovebirds Kermit and Irma and then baby Kaiwi show up... Now, I'm not saying Kermit is Kaiwi's papa... but then again we really don't know... only Irma knows for sure.
Irma would depart at 1824. Klueless Kermit was completely unaware of her departure. Kermit and Kaiwi remained when we departed at dark.

Team Billand called at 0840 to report Pohaku (R028) at Electric Beach.

At 1530 they found Benny (RE74) at Paradise Cove.

Dana called at 1053 to report RI37 , once again in Haleiwa. Confirming photos were sent by Cath James.

Irma snoozing at Crappy Cove
  N3 oh that is really light... I'd ask for a refund
 Kermit at Sandy's Beach hanging out with the Life Guards
 Hmmm wonder where my Irma could be
 I have a feeling she's close by
 I know she's here
 Irma here I am..... your Kermie
 Kermit and Irma
 Kermit you could move a little closer
 Kaiwi... hmmm is that... my ....


 Mama is that you?
 Is that Papa???
 Kolohe RW22
 Nani RK60 
 Sadie RB12
 RI37 @ Haleiwa Beach, she been spending a lot of time hanging out around the north shore

No comments: