Friday, November 4, 2011

11-4-11 Diga Visits with the Sisters

Aloha- Thank you Diane for sending in these photos of the sisters. In Diane's original email she raises a concern about Ua'Maile's rear fin... that is just doesn't look right. I actually thought that from the last pics Diane had submitted. I do agree the flipper looks swollen...  
 My humble opinion, I hope someone can check it out.
Diane also mentioned CC scar on neck... maybe the beginning of one??? or just part of the molting??
 She's going through her first official molt... and is a little restless
La'akea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ua's RHF scar has been documented for a while now. Because she is seen so infrequently, its hard to know when it happened. The wound is healed, but that chunk you see is there to stay I think. It doesn't appear to be from swelling. It's just the way the wound healed. Considering the coral this girl hangs out in , it's a wonder she isn't a mass of scars.
As for the neck scar I wouldn't say that it's a CC scar, but it is a pit scar of somekind, and just one of life's minor dings. I first see shots of it as of 10-21-11, and it is probably more noticeable because of her molt. Additionally, I'd say there is old coat stuck in the scar tissue, making it more noticeable. All of that is just an old dude's opinion. DB