Thursday, November 3, 2011

11-3-11 The Brothers Take on Rabbit Island

I just felt this series of shots deserved their own post. We have a double dose of coolness going on here. Kekoa Ewa Girls' pup from June made his way from the Reef Runway at the airport to Rabbit Island.... AND.... He's hanging out with Ewa Girl's oldest son Buster....  I know DB loves when this happens.... and I have to agree with him... Also just so strange how they end up where they do?  What makes them decide? After all Ewa Girl gave birth to Kerby on Rabbit Island in 2008 and he ended up going to Ka'ena Point. 
So enjoy this series of a family album of two brothers.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

YIPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best news heard..RK72/RK73 is on R.I. HE did it, he made his journey all by himself, or perhaps with the help of other seals he followed. Amazing!!! Maybe seals look through mom's navel, gets the pattern to locations its MOM travels while still in that belly.I am so thrilled he is safe, healthy, and ALIVE!!! Since our observations were over in Sept, I been anxiously awaiting to hear if he was ok. Thanks DB for having those good set of EYES!!! For all your patience in keeping a watch on the critters. God Bless you and for taking the photos of two brothers playing together out there on R.I. I CLASP my hands in JOY!!! I did cart wheels, my happy dance, ok, you get the message...HI Kekoa Alii...we missed you so much. I wish with my soul, one day I will find you on shore, face to face. Life is so good!!! I love getting happy news!!! Oh and I talked to Eileen Ramos of the Reef Run Way too..she was also over joyed of the siting news...LIVE ON KEKOA ALII!!! Bah, Bort!!! Snort!!! Just some sounds I've learned from Kekoa Alii.