Tuesday, November 8, 2011

11-8-11 DB Dailes

Pup Patrol began at 0600, but it would be 1053 before posse member June called to advise "I found her !". Kaiwi had hauled out to the water front rocks , 300 yds east of the AD wall, and remained there the rest of the day. Thanks to Jackie, Sabrina,Gayle and Z&P for the miles, and thank you June for making the find (and lunch !). Z&P called to advise that Kaiwi entered the water at 1825 and moved to her nook. They closed up shop at dark.

 At 0720 I found Buster (RV08) doing 6 minute dives at Spitting Cave.

 At 0920 I found Kolohe (RW22) at Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island. He would remain there the rest of the day. While I was at AD with Kaiwi at 1139, I got a call from posse member, and Makai Pier employee, McKay Davis, advising "I just saw a Monk Seal". Where did you see the seal, I asked. "Right in front of where you sit" was the response. I hate it when that happens !!!! McKay knows the RI cast, and is a regular on my scope. He said it was definitely a weaner, without a transmitter, and I believe him.

 When I got back to MP at 1210 I found only Kolohe on RI, but at 1247, Nani (RK60) hauled out to 3BS. I'd definitely put 2 cats on McKay's find being Nani.

 Dana called at 0848 reporting that posse member Vera Cober was with Kermit (R4DG) and Irma (R010), still together, fronting #1708 at White Plains. This may well have been their 2nd overnighter. Both are due to molt any second, so this is probably molting behavior. Thank you Vera for your usual outstanding job.

 Dera called at 0919 to advise of an U/U at the Makaha Shores, in Makaha. I've gotten no further word on this haul out, and do not know if there was even a response. At 1043

Dana advised that R5AY and La'akea (RK82) were at Right Spot's spot, and that Ua Malie (RT10) was once again right of the Keiki Pool.


Buster @ Spitting Cave
 Kaiwi @ Alan Davis 
 Weaner Rock
 Weaner Tail
 Kermit and Irma @ white plains
 Wonder if they will molt together... looks like kermit is about ready
 What do you want to do? I don't know what do you want to do?  
 I guess we just stay here.

No comments: