Wednesday, November 9, 2011

11-9-11 DB Dailies

Marilyn had to leave early to fight her way to "The Mine", amongst all the others who are being victimized by the crime that is APEC traffic. Alas, I am the last of the Dawn Patrol. I trudged from the wall to the estuary and back, and then checked Irma's and Sandy Beach. I was batting a big fat zero when

Thea and Ann took over at 0700. Thea called at 0944 to advise that she had found Kaiwi (RK96) swimming in the west most estuary, approximately 100 yds into the inlet, but was headed toward the mouth when seen. At 1004 Thea reported her in her nook, 300 yds east of the AD wall. Gayle reported that Kaiwi hauled out to the water front rocks at 1038. When I saw her at noon, she was snoozin' on the rocks. Kaiwi has remained at that location all day .

 I arrived at Spitting Cave for my usual morning check at 0826, and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but Kekoa (RK72), and Duke (RA12), playing and foraging. At 0930 they were joined by Kolohe (RW22). I remained there with them until 1130, and saw all necessary markers to be 100% sure of the IDs. You'd think that after shooting 261 shots, you'd have all the necessary documentation for the ID's but alas the shots were woefully inadequate. We all had fun however.

 I got to Makai Pier for a Rabbit Island check, but alas, nobody was home today.

 The Vegas call came at 0713. Barbara had gotten a call from her posse member Mochiko reporting a single animal fronting #1708 at White Plains. When posse member Vera Cober arrived, however, she found both Kermit (R4DG) and Irma(R010). Kermit musta' snuck off for a quick mullet or something.

 Dana called at 0753 with a report of an animal once again at the Makaha Shores, in Makaha. The photos I received later appeared to be Benny (RE74), though I'm not 100% on that. It absolutely was not T15M as had been initially reported. Benny departed at 1729.

 At 1050 Dera called to advise that volunteer Joy Silver had reported R5AY and La'akea (RK82) at Right Spot's Spot, Turtle Bay.
Kekoa and Duke (Brothers)
Kekoa, Duke and Kolohe 
The Boyz @ Spitting Cave
Kaiwi @ Alan Davis
The Kaiwi Patrol
Irma and Kermit White Plains
I'll bet my bottom dollar Team Billand is thrilled to know these two are still together.... the real question is will they still be together upon their return?
I REALLY hate seeing these footprints soooo close to them.... I just hope they were there before the two of them hauled out..... ( a girl can dream)


1 comment:

Diga said...

I sure hope Benny leaves Kermit and Irma alone to molt in peace. Diane