Thursday, November 24, 2011

11-24-11 DB Dailies

I hope everyone is sitting there, overstuffed, and vowing never to eat another bite, ever again ! I'm not there quite yet, but I know me personally, and I know I'll be there right after the dailies.

 There were lots of miles on the Kaiwi Kuest by Z&P,Gayle,Kathy, Marilyn and myself, but alas, she was a no show today.

 At 0752 I found my only critter of the day, Kolohe (RW22) at the left end of Rabbit Island. He would have the place all to himself today.

 At 1040 I spoke with the guide of a Japanese Scuba Tour at Makai Pier, who reported having swum with "a small seal... with red tags" on the Waimanalo side of the pier at around 0940. No transmitter was seen. At 1154 I spoke with one of the pier regulars who had been out spear fishing, and he too said that he had been swimming with "a small seal". He had no other info. My guess would be Nani, but I can't rule out Duke. The bottom line is ??????

 At 0726 Team Billand reported Irma (R010) fronting #1707 at White Plains. Thanks to all the unsung heroes that tended to Irma and/or Kermit today. Irma departed at 1724. At 0859 they found Kermit (R4DG) not quite hauled out but thinkin' about it, in the near shore waters of Wind Sock. He eventually hauled out and spent the rest of the day, departing at 1440.

 Clay Gates sent a photo of an U/U behind the Shooting Range in Ewa Beach. He couldn't get there to ID the animal, but I know Clay's heart is good. Tanx Eh Clay ! My dollar is on Ewa Girl, but ???????

Dana called at 1227 with the report of an animal at Hukilau Beach, Laie. Kelly Girl was responding, and at 1328 confirmed R5AY, at Pounders Beach, Laie. Dana advised that R5AY departed around 1745. Kelly Girl remained with her all afternoon.

 OMG ! I will NEVER eat another bite EVER again !!!!...... except for pie...ya' gotta' have pie !
And not just one piece.... we have apple, pumpkin, custard and banana cream!  This would be my fav part of the meal and day!

 Kermit @ Windsock 
 Irma @ White Plains 
 So Lovely
 

No comments: