Tuesday, November 15, 2011

11-15-11 DB Dailies

At 0701 I found Kaiwi (RK96) foraging in the near shore waters of Crappy Cove,Sandy Beach. She would haul out to the east end of the beach, and move directly to her favorite Naupaka bushes for a snooze, at 0725. There happened to be one of the full time resident ,car dwelling derelicts parked at that location, and Gayle quickly advised him of Kaiwi when he awoke and crawled out of the back of his truck. He couldn't get outta' there fast enough. At 1130 she moved back down amongst the water front rocks, to a small pool and remained there the rest of the day, until Z&P's shift when she moved back up to the Naupaka. She was still there when we called it a day at dark.

 On my 0846 look at Spitting Cave, I found Kekoa (RK72), Kolohe (RW22) and Duke (RA12) all foraging and playing together.

 At 0910 Team Billand reported Irma (R010) at Tower #1, and Kermit (R4DG) fronting #1706 at White Plains. Barbara called again at 1352 to advise that Irma has begun her post weaning molt today (D#53 since weaning). Kermit departed at 1515, Irma remained at dark.

 Dana called at 1041 to advise that La'akea (RK82) had been sighted near McKenzie's.

 Dera checked in at 1116 to advise that Right Spot (R016) had been reported at the Mokes, by her N6 bleach. A later conversation with Donna confirmed that her kayak company posse had made the call. Check da' blog for photos which Donna will post.

 I spoke with Karen Bryan at 1715 who advised that she just found out today that Right Spot had been at MCBH yesterday. The reason I was talking to Karen was that she was reporting KC (RK28) at MCBH today.

 Just as I was pulling in to check on Kaiwi at 1800, I got a call reporting an animal just hauling out at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1805 I found Lona (R017). I put up signs. I notified Tracy that the N5 bleach she tried yesterday, did not take, however the double girdle, when was a different bleach recipe took just fine. If she is still there in the morning Tracy will try the bleach again.

 Kaiwi @ crappy cove
 She should just stay on the rocks
 This seems to be a concern.... last Friday when I was on site looking for Kaiwi there was a vehicle on the beach actually on the rocks at Irma's.  One thing for us to worry about dogs off leashes... fishing hooks, entanglements, or bad people... BUT this...??? worry about getting hit by a truck. Seriously?
 I not sure what the story is here.... and I am assuming its not a vehicle that is suppose to be there.
 Either way it's an uncomfortable scene.

 Kekoa and Kolohe.... Great shot of boyz being boyz
 and now brother duke joins the party
 Auntie June gets some nice shots of Kaiwi...  
 Excuse me... you want to move that truck please
 KC @ Marine Base Kaneohe
 Wonder if she's heading toward the south or north

No comments: