Wednesday, November 2, 2011

11-2-11 DB Dailies and More

At 0600 Marilyn started at AD and I began at Sandy Beach, on the Kaiwi Kuest. Neither of us found anybody, and even eagle eye Gayle was skunked for a while. Thea actually found Kaiwi at AD in various tide pools and shallows at 0817. Gayle called me at 0944 when it appeared that she was going to haul out at AD, but that proved not to be the case. She swam to the west of the wall, and at 1005 hauled out to her water front rock perch, 200 yds west of the AD wall, where she snoozed away the day. Posse member June stopped by for visit, and showed off her surgically repaired broken wrist from several days ago at AD. Kaiwi entered the water at 1600, and was almost immediately lost despite lots of trekkin' .

 At 0740 I found what would prove to be Kolohe (RW22) and Sadie (RB12) together up in the Morning Glory fronting 3BS on Rabbit Island. When I got back later the had moved to near the water line, where they remained the rest of the day. I'd last seen Sadie (at RI) on 9-6-11. I was hoping that Kolohe would bring Kekoa to RI, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. I remain hopeful.

 At 0833 I found Duke (RA12) doing 6-7 minute dives at Spitting Cave.

 At 1220 on my 3rd check of Blowhole, I found Buster (RV08) snoozin' in the small cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout.

 Dera called at 1235 with the report of an animal on the beach behind the Hilton Lagoon. Mark Sullivan responded and confirmed the Rocky (RH58) at 1240.

 Dera called again at 1240 to report that R5AY was seen at "Right Spot's Spot", and Ua Malie to the Kahuku side of the Keiki Pond at Turtle Bay.

 Clay Gates sent afternoon email with Kermit (R4DG) and Irma (R010) photos, from Iroquois Point today.

Kaiwi 
Auntie Gayle and Auntie June
Ouch Ouch Ouch.... I hope you heal quickly! Did I say Ouch!
Buster @ Blowhole... (Buster has his Harbor Seal Halloween costume on)
Kolohe and Sadie  Welcome home Sadie!!!
Kaiwi 
Kaiwi's newest fans !

No comments: