Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 11.11.09

It was a wild and wooly day out there today, in more ways than one. My first look at Rabbit Island was a bust, however when my wife and I got to Spitting Cave we found what would prove to be RIP doing 10 to 13 minutes dives.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0925 I found Mikala at the left end, and Buster up in the grass at the right end, with Kolohe on the beach directly below him.

From 0940 until 1051 I had 3 haole , bad guys on two jet skis on Rabbit Island. They hauled the skis up onto the beach and then tied them off TO the FIRST BLUE SIGN !!! Once that was done they began to explore, first to the left where they encounter Mikala and ran her off, and then after a brief climb up into the grass area, returned to the beach and ran Mikala off AGAIN ! They then began to explore to the right, encountering Buster, Kolohe, and once again (for the 3rd time) Mikala, at the right end. They ran all of them into the water.

Of Course, I called DOCARE dispatch at 1023, knowing all tooooo well that DOCARE only works 8-4 and has ANY and ALL holidays OFF (I don't have the guts to even ask about "furlough fridays" !!! At least I was able to vent my spleen to the much dreaded RECORDING !! Rest assured that I have provide documentation to all concerned from Laura Thielen on down, but I have ZERO........... ZERO faith ! I've heard all the blah...blah...blah... tooooo many times but if you wanna' vent:

Laura.Thielen@hawaii.gov . Once again I say, I have ZERO faith !

Just as the bad guys were departing Rabbit Island the seriously junk weather hit. The MP lania became hazardous to a bald guy's health with dumping rain, howling wind, and 3 separate explosions of white water off the breakwater that impacted the lanai . On the first one I happened to have my umbrella open and the other two missed me by just feet. I hung in there through round #2 of squalls, but with round #3 approaching, and all ID's confirmed I got the heck outta' there !

Team Billand is back and at 0806 reported a molting 2AW at Tracks. I've checked the records and he is right on his molting schedule. They called again at 1120 with the report of Kermit at Nimitz Beach, on the right side of the jetty. Welcome Home Team B !!!!!

Just as my finger was poised above the "Send" key, Team Billand called at 1749 to say that Irma was lying along side Kermit when they got back to pick up their stuff. All is right with the world, as long as Kermie and Irma are together.



No comments: