Tuesday, November 10, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 11.10.09

Right Spot was waiting for me at 0614 on my first pass through Sandy Beach, at the far east end. She remained there all day.

Rabbit Island observations were delayed a bit while the Hawaii Undersea Research Lab's, submarines were loaded for transport the the research vessel at Snug Harbor, for yet another adventure.

When I looked into the scope at 0955 I found Mikala at the right end of the beach. She would be joined by Buster at 1030. He is 100 % molted on D#9. On a pan at 1313 I found that Kolohe had joined the others . All 3 remained in a tight grouping all day, with no observed interaction.

Since there are Whale Clan members within the posse, I must say that my Spitting Cave observations were made special by seeing my 1st whale of the season, and perhaps it was 4. I personally think it was the same whale 4 times oover a 1/2 hour period in widely separated locations,all moving east, but I can't rule of 4 different animals. Regardless, this was D#1 for the 09/10 Humpback season in DB's World. Sorry... no photos. It was just poofs just below the horizon.

When I got to Sandy Beach at 1700, Right Spot was gone. Witnesses said she departed of her own volition at approximately 1650.


No comments: