Saturday, November 21, 2009

DB Post Saturday 11.21.09

I made an early morning airport run to drop off the wife, so I was on the beach bright and early (or I should say dark and early) this morning. At 0536 I found Right Spot waiting for me , exactly where I'd left her last night , fronting the Half Point rocks at Sandy Beach. I am reasonably sure that she pulled an overnighter. I cordoned her off again, and she has remained there all day. I'll be returning shortly.

Despite lots of driving and lots of looking on the Irma Quest, I never found Irma today, and it was not until 0936 that I even saw another animal. I had gotten back to Makai Pier at 0930 , and Buster hauled out to the left end of the beach shortly thereafter. He would initially move up into the Morning Glory , 40 ft left of 1BS, but later moved down to the water line to cool off, and spent the rest of the day there.

At 1014 , Sadie hauled out 50 ft left of 1BS, and she remained there all day. At 1344 she was joined by Mikala. There was no observed interaction but they remain there close together the rest of the day.

On a pan at 1058 I found Kolohe just hauling out at the right end of the beach. He would remain there by himself , the rest of the day.

Team Billand reported Kermit at the cottages, at White Plains at 0840.

When Right Spot moved up instead of down at 1827, it was abundantly clear that this girl was going nowhere. I picked up the rope and left the signs. As always, I'll hope for the best.

No comments: