Friday, November 13, 2009

DB Post Friday 11.13.09

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0712 , I found what would prove to be RIP , up in the Morning Glory at 3BS. He would go for a mid morning swim / feed and then return to 3BS again.

At 1030 , Duke hauled out to the right end of the Middle Cliff area, and remained there all day.

M38 hauled out at 1BS, and searched for chicks for a few minutes, and then returned to the water. He would haul out at the right end of the beach at 1131 and remain there the rest of the day.

Mikala showed up at 1BS at 1128. She would be joined at 1400, but Buster. There was only minor interaction, before both went to snooze mode.

A Sandy Beach Life Guard called at 1538 with the report of an animal just hauling out. When I got there at 1548 I found Benny waiting for me. I got him all cordoned off, and will recheck in a few minutes.

Team Billand reported Irma at White Plains at 0754, then Ewa Girl at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park at 1002. The last call came at 1502 when they had a brief encounter with a 6 yr. old female, RI37.

When I got back to Sandy Beach at 1815, Benny had departed. Witnesses said he left at around 1800.


No comments: