Wednesday, November 25, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 11.25.09

Off and on rain episodes (mostly on in the afternoon) made it a less than ideal day, but there was a bumper crop of critters.

When I pulled into Sandy Beach there were the dynamic duo, Benny and Right Spot , right where I'd left them. Lesley braved the rain for a while there. Thank you very much. They were still there on my 1500 check. I'll be returning shortly.

It took her a while , but Irma showed up again today. On my 0920 look at Irma's there was her "N3ness" approximately 100 ft east of the Kealahou traffic light at Irma's. She has remained there all day, and once again, I'll be checking on her shortly. Mark , from PIFSC called at 1111 to advise that he had done Irma's right side N3 bleach. I checked it at 1500, and it looked great.

The Rabbit Island cast would begin on my first look at 0648 with M38 at 3BS. When I got back to Makai Pier at 1025 he was no longer there , and I did not see him again today.

At 0700 I became aware of a tiny sliver of new belly up in the grass at the right end . It would take until midday but it turned out to be Kolohe.

When I got back to MP at 1025 I found Buster, along side Mikala, at 1BS at the left end, and Duke was hiding amongst the Duke sized rocks at the right end of the bleach. He was the rock with the N18.

Team Billand reported Kermit once again at WP, where he appeared to have overnighted again.

Another Team Billand call at 1632 reported a fully molted 2AW at Tracks.

At 1835 on my Irma check I picked up the rope and left the signs. Irma was still there. At 1845 Benny and Right Spot also showed no interest in leaving. I picked up my rope and went home.





No comments: