Tuesday, November 3, 2009

DB Post 11.3.09 Tuesday

Off and on rain, with brisk winds made Rabbit Island observations wet and nippy. A few day's ago it was muggy and miserable. Today I had a long sleeved shirt on and it definitely had a wintery feel.

Today's Rabbit Island cast proved to be interesting. I had a heck of a time identifying the two animals, partially visible up in the Morning Glory at 3BS,at 0756, but ultimately they would prove to be Sadie, and Mojo. I'd last seen my #2 son on 10-25. Both he and Sadie would move down separately and spend the day 50-60 ft apart. There was never any observed interaction.

On a pan at 1000, I found Duke's butt sticking out of the grass high on the beach at the right end of the beach. He would move down and spend the rest of the day by himself at the right end.

On a pan at 1000 I found Buster newly hauled out 50 ft left of 1BS. He would remain there all day. His D#2 molt is 5%.

Team Billand reported 2AW at Tracks at 1000, and Ewa Girl at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park at 1050.

No comments: