Monday, November 30, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 11.30.09

I redid Right Spot's cordon at 0545. When I got back in daylight I found that she has FINALLY begun her molt. Those little pin point breaks on her throat and chest from yesterday, had enlarged and the rest of the chest looks ready to go. She has remained there all day. I'll be returning shortly.

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0714 I found M38 and Buster at the left end of the beach, Kolohe at 3BS and Sadie at the far right end of the beach. Of course it would take all morning to actually get all those ID's. At 1024, RIP hauled out to 1BS and spent the day near M38 and Buster. On a pan at 1037 I found Mikala just hauling out at the right end. She would move up and join Sadie for the day.

Team Billand reported a 50% molted Kermit at WP at 0600.

I went to Sandy Beach at 1800 and sat there waiting for just the right amount of darkness, and lack of people , to pick up the rope. Since it was pouring rain it was only us Monk Seals out there. To my complete surprise Right Spot just up did two series of galumphs and entered the water , swimming off into the darkness at 1821. I want to believe that she has come to her senses and that she will swim to Rabbit Island and complete her molt, but...... yeah....right, like That's gonna' happen !!!! Only Right Spot Knows .

Right Spot

Kermit

No comments: