Tuesday, November 17, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 11.17.09

The Rabbit Island cast for today would begin with Buster up in the Morning Glory , left of 1BS, at 0657. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0912 I found that he had been joined by his little sister , Sadie. They would both move down to cool off later on, and would be joined by RIP at 0958. There was just minimal interaction, but being the older and larger animal, RIP moved into the controlling position next to Sadie, and Buster moved off 10 ft or so, with no hassles at all. All three would remain in a group for the rest of the day.

On a pan at 1228 I found that Mikala had hauled out to the far left end of the beach. She would remain there by herself all day.

I was especially attuned to finding Irma this morning since all my "whisperer" genes told me she would be in the area. At 0757 on my Spitting Cave check therrrrrrrrrrre was Irma doing 7 minute dives. Sandy Beach or Irma's is a distinct possibility for tomorrow, but as all of you grasshoppa's know by now ..................Only Irma Knows !!

I had done multiple Sandy Beach checks through the day, since Right Spot was a possibility . On my 1100 check there was nobody, but on my 1330 check there was Right Spot at the east end of the beach. There were no witnesses to her arrivals so the 1100 to 1330 window is all I have. A call from posse person Stacey at 1645 confirmed that she was still there and I'll be returning to check on her shortly.

Team Billand reported Kermit at White Plains at 1025, near the east end fence, and called again at 1440 with the report of Benny at Maili Point, on the west side.

Right Spot was showing no interest whatsoever in leaving Sandy Beach. I picked up the rope at 1900, left the signs, and will hope for the best.
Buster & Sadie
Buster Sadie & RIP
Mikala

No comments: