Tuesday, November 24, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 11.24.09

Right Spot provided yet another first for me this morning. Until today a 4 day/3 night stay was my longest stay , without leaving the beach. With my arrival this morning , finding Right Spot waiting for me, exactly where I'd left her, she has set a new Oahu record of 5 days / 4 nights. She has remained there all day. Tomorrow ?????????

On my 0730 , Spitting Cave check I found Buster doing consecutive 7 minute dives.

Rabbit Island was bare on my first look, but when I got back to Makai Pier at 1000 I found RIP and Mikala lying close together fronting 1BS. They remained there all day, with no observed interaction.

Team Billand reported Kermit at WP at 0617. He has apparently been overnighting also.

At 1630 posse person, Stacey Stella called. "There's Two Animals Here !!!!!". Here was Sandy Beach. Off I scurried, and at 1640 found that Benny's Back !! There he was lying along side Right Spot. According to witnesses, he had come in from the west, swimming the full length of the main beach at Sandys, about 20 ft off shore, right through all the bodysurfer, and causing quite a ruckus. This is a classic Benny entrance. He is never conservative. Stella said there was quite a bit of talking going on between the two, as you can well imagine, but when I arrived things had settled down.

Regular Benny watchers will know that he was hanging out with Right Spot in early November at Sandy Beach. His last day at Sandys was 11-13. On 11-14 he did a Waikiki stopover, and then on 11-15 arrived at White Plains. He as last seen by Team Billand on 11-17 at Maili Pt. Benny's Back !

Lesley and I stayed at Sandy Beach until 1845. The duo was still there. I picked up the rope and left the signs. As usual I'll hope for the best.







No comments: