Monday, November 16, 2009

DB Post Monday 11.16.09

At 0615 I found Right Spot waiting for me at Sandy Beach. She would remain there all day. I checked her and adjust the cordon as required, through the day. I'll be returning to Sandys shortly.

At 0653 Tracy called with the report of an animal in Waikiki, exact location unknown. She said Schofield was handling it. When I finally got to Waikiki at 0830 I found Irma cordoned off, and Diane Gabriel on duty, at Irma's usual Wakiki location, to the left of life guard stand 2F, at Queen's Beach. Volunteers were apparently schedule throughout the day. Donna called at 1642 to advise that Irma had departed Waikiki.

I finally got back to Makai Pier at 1109. I found Sadie at 3BS, and RIP , 80 ft right of 3BS on Rabbit Island. They would remain that those locations through the day. At 1130 , on a pan I found Mikala at the left end of the beach, and at 1218 Buster would haul out to join her, though there was only brief, minimal interaction. He quickly moved up into the Morning Glory , where he spent the rest of the day.

A call from Team Billand at 0845 reported that one of their deputies had reported an animal at White Plains. When the Billands arrived they found only a wallow, but many a mile of trudging through the sand from White Plains to Nimitz Jetty, Barbara would follow Benny until he hauled out to join Kermit and Kermits Reef on the right side of the Nimtz jetty.

When I got to Sandy Beach at 1717 Right Spot had departed. There were no sober witnesses. I called it a day at 1730.





No comments: