Thursday, November 19, 2009

DB Post Thursday 11.19.09

I was out the door at 0600 , as usual, and from that moment on it was pure stress, on a day long Irma Quest, as well as waiting for the Right Spot shoe to drop. It's always great when I find them in the dark , right off the bat. That way you know where they're at. Days like today are the killer ones, because you look and look, and drive and drive, and .....nobody ! Nobody that is until 1518 ! I had done my last round of SE quadrant checks at 1500, and came home to start on the dailies. At 1518 posse person Lesley called to report and animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. I'd JUST left there !!!! When I arrived at 1522 I found Right Spot waiting for me. I'll recheck her at dusk, of course, but I've got a mean feeling she will probably overnight with this late start. Only Right Spot Knows. (I never did find Irma ????). Amazingly, I forgot to take ID photos today, but you can look at yesterday's shots. She is in exactly the same spot, and looks one day older.

My Makai Pier / Rabbit Island day was a bit light on cast, but noteable nonetheless because I had visiting dignitaries. The Donna, and the best thing that ever happened to Molokai Monk Seals (and Ron), Val Bloy stopped by. Fortunately, Buster chose just the right moment to haul out 50 ft left of 1BS, and move up into the Morning Glory for a snooze.

He was joined at 1055 by RIP , and that was the sum total of the Rabbit Island experience for the day.

Team Billand reported Kermit at White Plains at 0814.

I picked up the rope and left the signs around Right Spot, calling it a day at 1830. She showed no signs of being ready to leave.



No comments: