Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hanging with KP2 - Ho'ailona

A very special day with a Really Cool Seal...KP2 (HO' AILONA).

Didnt you think he seemed a little sad, or just not himself...usually wide eyed and courious? He mostly jumped, then stayed under the water fall with eyes closed. Barb - I think he is full.. I know he had an increase in the amount of food... he also gained 2 lbs... maybe today was a lazy day...

Trainer said he was some what sluggish. He made a really Large poop just before we left. We drained the tank immediately...he only ate 7 fish today with the trainer. He is one sweet kid. I cant wait for the next sitting on Sunday.

Arent we lucky to meet KP, I never thought we'd be helping his journey....never thought we'd be watching him AGAIN. I love it. I feel so happy seeing him...he makes me happy, he makes me feel, WOW. I am so proud to be involved with this awesome smart seal. And I was so happy to finally meet Val once more..she is special herself..such an amazing lady with great strengths. Glad she made it over, now If we could just get Diane over here too. Yes.. how lucky we are to have this opportunity to be with this special animal... AND above and beyond how blessed we are to have made some wonderful connections .

Just two more days with KP....I have to absorb all of this in my pea brains. What a journey!!!!!!!!!! I am so very greatful. Love KP2 with all my heart now and for ever!!!!!!!!!

Amen, BB


1 comment:

Barbara said...

When KP is up against the wall as in the first shot, he is making these throaty sounds, like a heart beating. It is a low tone and it vibrates through the tank, you can feel it with your hands. When he opens his mouth like the next shot, KP is throwing a temper tantrum, he wants his fish...NOW!!! His tones are loud, strong, his base tone so low. Pretty cool to witness. When the trainer comes, KP goes to the spot immediately, waits, patiently, then takes the fish, HERRING, and thrashes his head to and fro. Oh this is one AWESOME seal, so smart. I just love to observe him..he is teaching all of us, we all need to listen carefully. HE tells us information without any words. Right before eatting, he is one arobatic seal, jumping so high, slamming the surface of the water with his body..sometimes so high you can see his face just peeping over the rim of the tank. How can anyone NOT appreciate this treasure from the sea...KP2..HO'AILONA!!!! BAH!!!!!!