Sunday, May 31, 2020

05/31/2020 Sunday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

I tried hard to stay away today. Went and do my early morning dip and came back. 
An afternoon call from a neighbor saying little "Lina" is on the beach made me go down to check on her and confirm her ID RL98 Lina. She chose the only stretch on empty beach from crazy humans around here this weekend.
So on my way back I went to check on RN58 Luana tucked away on some reefs then a quick visit to RL42 Leia & PO4 Kai D39. Kai was swimming back and forth alone while mom Leia was sleeping down the beach. That has happened several times in the last few days. I think he's weaning mom and not the other way around. Today is day 39 so weaning is anytime now. Mom is still looking good but seems tired from those long swimming sessions.
So much for staying away.... ended up with 4 seals !   More tomorrow 🌺

No comments: