Saturday, July 9, 2011

7-9-11 DB Dailies

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0639, I found what would prove to be Duke (RA12) and Kolohe (RW22) playing in the shallows, 40 ft left of SRI. I would find them snoozin' together when I got back to Makai Pier, and the spent the day together at that location, except for a swim/play session which I'll get to in a moment.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 1035 I found that Buster (RV08) had joined the cast, snoozin' away , 40 ft left of 1BS on RI. As I panned down the beach to the right I next found Nani , crashed at 3BS, and next came Duke and Kolohe together just left of Seal Rock Inlet. Lastly , I found Sadie (RB12) by herself at Rocky Right Beach. She would remain there all day.

Duke and Kolohe would enter the water at 1330. At 1345 Kolohe hauled out to briefly touch noses with Nani, and when he returned to the water, she followed.
It was but a few moments later that I realized that Duke and joined them and from 1350 until 1440 the three of them had a perfect swim/play session. It was not overly aggressive, and Nani held her own with the two boys. This is the perfect meeting of these animals, Duke and Kolohe are the youngsters (2 and 3 y.o), and they will be of immense help to Nani in learning the ropes. They are also small enough to play and interact with her without being overly intimidating. The session ended nicely with Nani hauling out to her start point , 3BS, at 1440. They boys just continued playing, and I lost them in the wind chop , whitewater, even though I relocated to the Makapuu Overview. I did not see them again today.

Team Billand called at 0808 with the report of Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting Tower #1 at White Plains.  At 1537 they reported Max (R5EW) at CIP.  At 1557 they found R2AW at Palm Grove, CIP.

Vera Cober called at 1640 to advise that she and husband Glen,and son Arec, had done the Ka'ena Point trek today, and found 761 and R018, Ka'ena(RO40) and Kerby ()RW08) at the end of the world. Thanks to Team Cober's excellent shots, I think it's safe to say that 761 no longer has a hook. I've had to down size the shots for the blog, but the originals are excellent quality, and there is no hook visible on the left side of her mouth. Thank you Cobers. Ya' Done reeeeally, Good !!!

In the "Yesterday's News" department, Thank You to Judy, Bonnie & Paul for your report, and shots of RI37 at Mokuleia yesterday.

  Sadie
 Nani and Kolohe
 Nani, Kolohe and Duke
 RI37 @ Mokuleia 
 RI37's scar on right hind quarter
 Maka'iwi body surfing onto the shore
 hmmm look out run away board
 what... did someone say something?
 Max in his usual carefree position
 Max's sex er I mean 5EX tag
 2AW old tag ... old tail

No comments: