Sunday, July 31, 2011

7-30-11 We Have a Weaner

Aloha good people.
As DB mentioned I called in to report Ewa Girl left the beach today. When I arrived at 10:00 security informed me he had checked the beach about an hour before... and there was no sign of Mom and the kid was in the shallows of the shore line.
When I arrived there was no sign of the kid so I combed the beach, there were only wallows from the porky kid no sign of Mom. After walking as much of the sanded area without being stabbed by the thorny bushes, I found the kid swimming toward the Ewa side of the haul out spot. He was doing great swimming, diving, rolling, flapping about for about 30 minutes.... at that point he started swimming slowly towards the first break, and after about 15 minutes I lost site of him and that was it for the day. 
I wasn't able to get too many shots but managed a couple while he was lolling about. Enjoy! ~da blog lady~


 Bottom's Up
 
 and an itsy bitsy spider.... on one of the thorn shrubs

No comments: