Tuesday, July 19, 2011

7-19-11 Name That Seal

Aloha Good People - A friend and her hubby hiked out to Ka'ena Point today (Tues) and came across this seal. They hiked out from the Mokuleia side and saw this seal on the first landing at wide part of the beach where lots of folks go to look for shells and camp. The pics were taken with a phone camera, not too bad.
My guess is RI37 since this is her territory and it appears to be a large scar on the hind quarters. (Having said that where she is soooo green hard to see the scar as a scar and not a dark green line).
Okay seal wizards tell me did I get it right?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ain't no doubt about it.... RI37 guarans. DB

BeldameBruno said...

The fact that DB can identify this beauty by sight makes me unbelievably giddy. :D

p.s. Thank you for this amazing blog. It's incredibly important to me.

Donna said...

DB Thanks.... I finally got one right using my seal senses....

Your very welcome Beldame Bruno, this blog means a lot to many of us. Makes me happy when people get something out of it.... Always appreciate comments.
da blog lady