Saturday, July 16, 2011

7-16-11 DB Dailies

I was on the road at 0600 as usual, but it would be 1036 before I saw my first critter. With Makaiwi at Diamond Head yesterday, I was in Makaiwi mode right off the bat. Alas, despite lotsa' lookin', the SE quadrant was Makaiwi free today. I got no calls from Colleen so I assume she was not there either. Only Makaiwi knows ???  My first two Rabbit Island looks were zero, and even when I got back to Makai Pier at 0850, it was still bare. Finally, Kolohe (RW22) appeared at 1036 climbing up over the water front rocks, 60 ft right of 3BS.

As I was watching him, at 1045 I caught just the tiniest glimpse of something rising out of a depression in the rock flats, 40 ft right of Kolohe. It was just a partial view of a small head, and a few seconds later a flipper flex. When the critter finally came into view with the rising tide, it proved to be Nani (RK60). She had no doubt been there all along and just invisible to me, until the tide forced her into view. As she moved up, Kolohe galumphed over to join her, and there was minimal interaction. They would remain together the rest of the day.

Team Billand checked in at 0806 to advise that Clay Gates had called from Iroquois Point to report that T21M had arrived. At 1050 the Billands found Irma (R010) at Wind Sock. Dana called at 1224 to advise that Irma had departed.

Email from Donna advised that she had spent 1000 to 1200 with Ewa Girl (RS00)&;Kekoa today. She will post her photos to the blog tonight so be sure to check the blog in the morning.

Nani and Kolohe  
 Big Irma @ Windsock
 T21M @ Iroquois
 Introducing the iT21 cell phone

No comments: