Tuesday, July 5, 2011

7-5-11 DB Dailies

Day #42.... was this going to be the day ? Yep ! 42 was the magic number. I could find nobody at Rabbit Island on my first couple of looks, but finally at 1020 on one of a million pans of the beach and water line, I saw a tiny set of hind flippers just submerging, 50 ft left of 2BS in the shallows. At 1035, Nani would haul out to 2BS...alone. She would remain at that location the rest of the day. M&M was nowhere to be found.
WE HAVE A WEANER!!!!
Actually, the first animal I saw was Sadie (RB12), on my 2nd RI look, at 0900. She had no doubt been up behind the Morning Glory, left of 1BS on my first look, as is her routine. She would depart at 1104, but I later (1214) found her at Rocky Right Beach, where she spent the rest of the day.

I did day mid day M&M quest of the SE quadrant from 1200 until 1400, but came up zero. When I got back to Makai Pier at 1424 I found that Buster (RV08) had joined the cast, snoozin' , 30 ft left of 1BS.  As I panned down the beach, I next found Kolohe (RW22) crashed on the left side rocks of Seal Rock Inlet.

Team Billand checked in at 0757 to report Max (R5EW) near the bunker just down the beach from Wind Sock.  The Billands spent 1000 to 1200 on the Reef Runway. Once again they found Ewa Girl (RS00) and Pup, with special guest star RIP (RR70) once again in attendance.

Dana called at 1656 to advise that posse member John Sadowski had reported Rocky (RH58) and T21M hauled out briefly behind his house in Ewa Beach, but quickly departed, only to haul out further down the beach at 1717. Awaiting photos.

Check da' blog in the morning for Team Billand's shots.

Nani - Weaned day 42
Sadie
 Buster
 Kolohe

No comments: