Thursday, May 5, 2011

5-5-11 DB Dailies

In the SE Quadrant it was anything but same ol', same ol' today. To begin with there was no Rabbit Island cast. That is because all of the recent cast members Duke (RA12), Kolohe (RW22) and Buster (RV08) were with me, as I trudged the ups and downs of the day.

I found Duke, Kolohe and Buster all together at Spitting Cave at 0707. Duke and Kolohe were in full play mode, while Buster remained there, but off to the side of the action. Buster would drift off , more into the bay at 0724. I checked both China Walls and the Kokee Flat but did not find him. I then returned to SC , where Duke and Kolohe remained.
I did 3 checks of Rabbit Island today, and was not the least bit surprised that there was nobody at RI today.

I returned to Spitting Cave at 1140 and found nobody so I relocated to China Walls, about 1/4 mile further into the bay from SC, at 1205. Sure enough all three were just passing through as I arrived and continued on toward the Kokee Flats, so I relocated to that location at 1240 . Duke and Kolohe remained in play mode about 200 ft off shore of Irma's Grotto, however Buster came in close and for a moment it looked like he was going to haul out, but alas he did not. I lost all three, so I relocated back to China Walls, were witnesses said all three just passed by, so off to Spitting Cave. At 1305 all three showed up, and once again the kids played while Buster stayed on his own. At 1400 I became aware that it was only Duke and I. The other two were no longer visible.

I did a last gasp RI check, (nobody....again) and called it a day at 1600 .  Team Billand checked in at 0930 to report Noa (R6FI) at Maili Point .  At 1012 they found Pohaku (RO28) at Tracks.  Next came their Kermit (R4DG) find at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach at 1047.  Makaiwi (R4DF) was the next find, once again at #1704, Nimitz Cottages, for D#8.

Dera called at 1009 with the report of an animal at Kualoa. The KC (RK28) ID was confirmed with the caller, Bonnie Hobson's photos at 1130.  Also at 1009 Dera reported an animal at Sunset Beach. The RI37 ID was confirmed with posse member, Jen Christian's photos at 1348.

Duke - Kolohe - Buster @ Spitting Cave 
 
 KC @ Kualoa
 RI37 @ Sunset

No comments: