Tuesday, May 31, 2011

5-31-11 DB Dailies

At 0636 I found M&M (R020)and Pup, D#7, waiting for me at Seal Rock Inlet on Rabbit Island. They would move down and up with the tide, and remained all day. I observed 3 feeds and 2 water sessions with the kid galumphing down to frolick in the shore break as Mom watched from the beach, occasionally barking orders. All Moms are different, but I'm surprised that as of D#7 I haven't seen M&M doing water sessions with the kid. I'm sure she has her own way of doing things, so we shall see what the plan is. The kid appears to be eager for some action.

On my 0708 , Spitting Cave check I found Buster (RV08) doing 9 minute dives.   When I got back to Makai Pier at 0930 I found that Duke (RA12), and RIP (RR70) had joined the cast, lying together, on the water front rocks, 60 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. There was minor interaction when they moved up with the tide. They remained all day.
Team Billand checked in at 0736 to report Irma (R020), once again at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. This is her 2nd overnighter at that location.   At 0755 they found Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting #1806 at Nimitz Cottages. My records show this to be her 34th day at NIM.  Team Billand found Max (R5EW) fronting #1775 at White Plains.

Dana called at 1050 with the report of an U/U at Laniakea. I've gotten no further word at this writing.

 Double click on photo to get an up close look at pup... some clear shots from papa. 
 RIP, Duke, MM and pup
 Irma one tired pregnant mama...
 do we have an ETD for miss Irma... any chance she pop a pup @ windsock?
 she so tired
 on the other hand we have the bathing beauty @ nimitz
 who me?
 Max wearing alice cooper eyes
 ahem ! Read the sign please

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oooops.. that deletion was me. As for Irma pooping a pup at Wind Sock... Only Irma knows, but I sure hope she is smarter than that.

As for a possible due date...Since she has given birth at a secret spot known only to Irma the last two years, the best I could do was figure back from her molt dates each of those years. With all that said I'm guesstimating last week of July to 1st week of August, but as previously stated.. ONLY IRMA KNOWS. DB