Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5-2-11 DB Dailies

Today was one of those rare days with no critters at Rabbit Island.

At 0628, on my 2nd look at Irma's I found Irma (R010) snoozin'. She had not been there on my 0600 check. I cordoned her off, and did hourly rechecks. She was there on my 1000 , but gone on the 1100 check. Beach runner posse member , Joe, said he'd arrived at 1040, and Irma was already gone, so that is the window for departure. Despite lots of mileage on the "Irma Quest" I did not see the girl again today.

On my 0757 Spitting Cave check I found Buster (RV08) on D#2 of his stay at SC, doing 8 minute dives.

Team Billand reported Kermit (R4DG) fronting #1707 at White Plains, at 0910... Also at 0910 the Billands advised that they were responding to Dera calls about animals at Campbell Industrial Park, and Makua Beach. At 1000 they found Max (R5EW) at Palm Grove, CIP, and at noon reported 2AW at Makua Beach.  At 0929 Team Billand found Makaiwi (R4DF), once again at Nimitz Cottages, today, fronting #1705.  The Billands responded to a 1344 Dera call, about 2 animals at Yokes. When they arrived the lifeguards were just picking up the signs, saying that tourist had just run them off. The only ID info, "one big one and one little one", from the lifeguards.

In the Yesterday's News department, posse member Jen Christian came through with photos from yesterday of her trip to Sunset Beach. She had sent Right Spot photos for the blog, and had also sent RI37 but somehow the fickle finger of cyberfate, didn't allow them to get to me. I found her excellent RI37 photos awaiting me this morning.

I have absolutely no excuse Sir, for the next one. Team Billand sent Max shots, I downloaded them, I resized them, and saved them to "draft", but then failed to it the Send key. It was pure and simple Pilot Error.

 Irma @ Irma's
 Yesterdays News Max
 More news from yesterday.. RI37 @ Sunset

No comments: