Saturday, May 14, 2011

5-14-11 DB Dailies

At 0635 I found my long lost daughter Sadie (RB12) up in the Morning Glory, 60 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. I'd last seen the girl on 3-23-11. I would take a few hours to finally get the ID, and I did get it at 1124. Unfortunately, I was talking turtle with George Balaz (the father of all turtles) when she finally rolled giving me the last piece of the puzzle, and holding the phone to my shoulder and getting the camera to the scope's eyepiece, just didn't work in time. She had left by the time I got the camera in place......bummer! I did not see her again today. Maybe tomorrow ?

On our 0729, Spitting Cave check we found sister Sadie's little bro' , Duke (RA12) doing 7 minute dives.

Team Billand checked in at 0725 to report Max (R5EW) and Makaiwi (R4DF) together fronting #1703 at Nimitz Cottages. Per Barbara , they entered the water at 1040 and at 1100 Makaiwi hauled out to the original location, and Max hauled out further down the beach. At 0838 the Billands reported Kermit (R4DF) once again at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. Thank you to posse member Geri for lending a much needed hand at the Kermit site...ya' done good !!
Dana called at 1626 with the report of an Ua Malie (RT10) sighting this morning by a fisherman in the Marconi Rd. area on the North Shore. There are said to be photos coming.

Happy Birthday Kolohe !! The boy turns 3 year old today !

The Billands are running late. Check the blog in the morning for their shots.

 Welcome home Sadie
 Happy Birthday Kolohe

No comments: