Monday, May 30, 2011

5-29-11 DB Dailies

M&M(R020) and Pup were waiting for me on my 0640, D#5 check of Rabbit Island. They were still at the Seal Rock Inlet location, and remained there all day, only moving down and up with the tide. I observed 2 feeds,and the kid was in the shore break on 2 occasions. At 1301, Kolohe (RW22) hauled out, 60 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet. He galumphed down to M&M's area, but maintained a 20 ft separation.  On my 0733 , Spitting Cave check I found Duke (RA12) doing 7 minute dives.

At 0723 Team Billand checked in with the report of Makaiwi (R4DF), fronting #1806, Nimitz Cottages. She would depart at 1605.  At 0954 the Billands found Max (R5EW) at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park.   At 1033 they found Irma (R020) at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach.

Team Kenyon did the Ka'ena Point trek today. They did not find CeeCee, but did report Ka'ena (RO40), Kerby (RW08), and Noa (R6FI) at the end of the world.

Dera called at 1036 with the report of "N6", Right Spot (R016) at the stables at the Turtle Bay Hotel. Posse member Kelly Evans confirmed the Right Spot ID at 1425.
Speaking of Kelly Evans, that is a prefect lead in to the "Yesterday's News" department. Kelly Evans sent photos from RI37's visit to Laniakea yesterday, hangin' out with the Honu. Lesley also provided photos of her find of Right Spot (R016) at Waialee Beach Park, on the North Shore yesterday.


Kolohe,  M+M and Pup
Maka'iwi
Max 
 Irma

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Thanks to volunteers who came to stay and guard our seals at Windsock and Nimitz. Rob and I appreciate it. With your guys help, our animals had the much needed rest. Thanks to Wendy of Kapahulu, Jan and Jerry Dill, Deanna and family, Glen and Vera and Dana Jones also came by. It was helpful that most of the folks were respectful yesterday, no real problems or jerks. Happy endings are great...Glen and Vera, thanks for watching Irma till the sun set..Yippee. We got to go home before the sun went down..and I got to cook dinner and spend time with my lonesome dogs. Nice!! I hope I got all the volunteers, If I missed one, you know Rob and I are appreciative.