Saturday, May 14, 2011

5-13-11 DB Dailies

After hours of sitting and waiting for something without wings to show up at Rabbit Island, I decided to do an afternoon recheck of the SE quadrant spots , at 1250, since RI was a total bust so far.
At 1257 when I did my 2nd China Walls check of the day, I overheard surfers talking about Monk Seals. When I asked they said that "a Mom and her two babies swam through about 15 minutes ago, headed more into the bay". Mom and 2 babies ??....I don't think so !
I did a Kokee check and then a Spitting Cave check, but found nobody, so I returned to China Walls , only to be told that one just swam through 15 minutes ago, headed out, sooooooo but to Spitting Cave (trip #3). Sure enough at 1432 I found one, then two and finally three critters , each doing their own thing at SC. Buster (RV08) and Kolohe (RW22) were kinda' sorta' together and Duke (RA12) was well away from the other two, all doing 10 minute dives,about 1 to 3 minutes between each individual's ups.
Team Billand found Kermit (R4DG) at Wind Sock, having overnighted. at 0805.  At 0830 they found Makaiwi (R4DF) fronting #1703, and Max (R5EW) fronting #1706) at Nimitz Cottages.  At 1415 they found Pohaku (RO28) at Lagoon #1 at KO Olina. At 1503 they reported Noa (R6FI) at Maili Point.



Kermit @ Windsock
 Pohaku @ KoOlina
 Kermit @ Nimitz
 Noa @ Maili
 Maka'iwi @ Nimitz molting
 Max @ Nimitz
 seal hug

No comments: