Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6/8/2010 DB Dailies

At 0632 I found Ewa Girl & pup (D#14) at the left end of the beach , on Rabbit Island. I observed 3 swims and 3 feeds. The kid is definitely putting on tonnage.

Also at 0632 I found Kolohe at 3BS, and Sadie at the right end of the beach. All remained there all day.

My own personal highlight of the day came at 0714 when I found Buster doing 10 minute dives at Spitting Cave. It is of great comfort to see my boy back in his home territory . He has survived his first love (or more probably lust) experience and has seen Waikiki, and all the way to Barber's Point with Rocky, and then managed to come back to Waikiki, and then to the SE quadrant on his own. I hate to sound like one of "those" parents, but it's great to have back at home again.

Team Billand reported 4DF at the Nimitz cottages at 0936.

At 1430 they reported Rocky at the 2nd bunker beyond Kermit's Reef on the west side of the Nimitz jetty.

At 1630 Team Billand responded to Electric Beach (Kahe Power Plant) in answer to a Schofield call about a strange animal there. At 1707 the Team found visiting Florida divers who reported having seen a Manatee during their dive. Photos are promised. We shall see. That beats, or at the very least rivals my weirdest , which was a Walrus at AD's. (coo coo ka choo, I am the Walrus )

I spoke with Dr. Charles this morning in hopes of updating the status of Kermit. He was last seen by Team Billand at Wind Sock on 5-29-10. I was hoping for a new map, but since Charles is off molesting seals on Kauai today, a verbal update is the best that can be done. The last cell phone contact was on 6-1-10. At that time he was on Oahu but heading in a Ka'ena Point direction. Since then there as been no further contact. The possibilities are that the transmitter is not functioning, Kermit has gone off to Lehua Rock or beyond with no cell phone contact, or that something happened to Kermt. The first two choices are much more likely. Who knows.....he may have gone off with Irma wherever she might be. We shall see.
Buster Boy!
Ewa Girl and Pup
Kolohe
Sadie
4DF
Rocky

No comments: