Saturday, June 12, 2010

6/12/2010 DB Dailies

When I got my first look at Rabbit Island at 0628 I found Ewa Girl & pup at the left end of the island, and just waking up to move down for the first of 4 observed swims. I would also observe 4 feeds.

Also at 0628 I found Sadie up in the grass, to the right of 3BS. She would later relocate to Rocky Right Beach at the far right end.

At 1130 , M38 would appear, hauling out to join Sadie at her original location . He would later make a quick trip down to check out Ewa Girl and pup and then return to join Sadie. Unfortunately for him, Sadie was just departing has he hauled out . He would later relocated to the far right end to haul out with Sadie and Duke.

At 1302, Buster hauled out briefly 30 ft right of Ewa Girl and pup. A bark from Mom sent him on his way. I would not see him again until he hauled out to 3BS at 1406.

At 1314 Duke hauled out to Rocky Right Beach, at the right end . Seconds later Sadie would move up from behind the rocks to join him. Shortly thereafter came M38. All would remain the rest of the day.

Team Billand reported 4DF, for the 3rd consecutive day, at Oneula Place, in Ewa Beach. She has done 2 overnighters in the same spot. It feels like molting behavior to me. ( I was going to ask yesterday if there was a possibilty of that.... think the people will let us camp out at thier house for a week or so...)

Ewa Girl, pup and M38
EG and Pup
4DF

No comments: