Saturday, June 5, 2010

6/4/2010 DB Dailies

From the Makapuu Overview at 0620 I found Ewa Girl and pup (D#10) in the midst of the first of 2 observed swim sessions, off shore of Rabbit Island. They were well off shore , in swimmable water. I also say 3 feeds. They remained at the left end of the island all day.

Also at 0620 I saw what would prove to be Duke, once again, in the grass at the right end of the beach. He would later move down to cool off, and would move out of my line of sight from Makai Pier. I rechecked from the Makapuu Overview during the day, and could see him from that angle.

At 1242, Buster hauled out to the left end of the beach.

At 1308, what must go down as an U/F, with no visible tags, hauled out 100 ft left of 1BS. Buster galumphed over to join her, and interacted on the beach and into the water, hauling out together at 1332, 100 ft left of 1BS, and remained there the rest of the day, moving up with the tide. Though it pains me deeply to have to end the day with an Unknown, I really have no choice, though my Monachus Gene tells me that it might well be Rocky !! Having said that, I can only state that the one and only Rocky marker that I could consistently see was a fishing line scar at the right corner of the mouth. Because the animal was covered in wet sand during the entire observation, and never showed me a left fore flipper I can't honestly say that I saw anything else to support my opinion. Because Team Billand was skunked today, in the W & SW quadrants, they can't even get me outta' this. Rocky was at Hau Bush yesterday, and could easily make the trek, but it's hard to believe that she wouldn't stop by Colleen's house to say Hi! Hopefully, tomorrow is going to provide an answer to this question .

Dana called at 0910 with the report of an animal near Crouching Lion. I never heard anything more about it, but again my Monachus Gene is whispering , R5AY at her usual spot at Kualoa Point.

1 comment:

Diga said...

It was R5AY and she departed at 12:20pm. I can't find the cord to get the pictures I took off of my camera. Diane