Sunday, June 6, 2010

6/6/2010 Rocky and Buster

http://www.kitv.com/news/23808462/detail.html

I didn't see the TV story, but I did find a short piece on the KITV website about Rocky and Buster's day in Waikiki yesterday. The piece says that Rocky's name comes from hanging out at Rocky Point on the North Shore. Rocky was upset by that,since not only does she not hang out at Rocky Point.... She's never even been to the North Shore of Oahu.....ever . For those of you who don't already know, Rocky is not named for the fighter, and is not named for Rocky Point. She is named for the RACCOON ! (as in the Beatles song of ohhhhhh so long ago , Rocky Raccoon. When I met her she was a week away from molting with her old coat on, and big dark circles around her eyes, commonly know as "raccoon eyes". Since I spent the rest of my day humming the song to myself, it just had to be Rocky.

As for Buster... All of Ewa Girl's boys are named after famous or not so famous Watermen. Buster is for Buster Crabbe an Olympic swimmer in the 30's, and Duke is , of course for Duke Kahanamoku. Kerby is named for Terri & Terry Kerby, two awesome water persons. If anybody wants to know about the other names, let me know.

This is Rocky and Benny at Campbells on Sunday.... the KITV news item is from Saturdays' visit at Waikiki

No comments: