Thursday, June 24, 2010

6/24/2010 DB Dailies

At 0520 I found Irma waiting for me , right where I'd left her last night at Irma's. I redid the condon and continued on. Posse member Lesley was there to note Irma's departure at 1025. When I picked up the signs I also picked up a sizeable poop sample as well as (neat-o !) a bag of spew, with worms. Some days are just better than others !!. Thank you Lesley. You are worth your weight in whatever the equivalent of Manapua is ,in Brasil !!

On my Rabbit Island check at 0642, I found Ewa Girl and pup out for a morning swim, the first of 2 that I would see. I never saw a feed, but I was gone a lot.

Also at 0642 I found Sadie (D#5 molt 25%, and Kolohe together at 3BS, and Duke by himself further to the right. All would remain there all day.

I was especially stoked to see Kolohe. I'd seen him last on 6-16-10. I was a couple of days beyond my Kolohe, stress threshold. You already know I'm one of "those" parents.

After picking up the Irma stuff I got back to Makai Pier to find that Buster had joined Sadie and Kolohe at 3BS. All 3 were still there at end of day, as were EG&P and Duke.

At 1105 Tracy called...... "Did you know there's an animal at Magic Island ???". Obviously, I knew nothing about it. Subsequent calls from Tracy and Dera began to piece together info that would suggest that it was probably Rocky. "Suggest" just doesn't quite do it, so I truddled off the Magic Island and at 1304 found Diane Gabriel and Rocky at the end of Magic Island on the Diamond Head side . My first call was to Colleen Heyer, telling her to get over here an pick up her damned seal.... then I called Tracy to confirm the Rocky ID.

Team Billand called at 0715 to say that Makaiwi was, once again , at NIM, fronting cottaqe #1701. She was 99% molted. They called again to say that she was gone , on their 1330 check.

A 1744 check showed that EG&P were snoozin' on the beach at the left end of Rabbit Island, while Sadie, Buster and Kolohe remained at 3BS, as well as Duke at the right end.

Dana confirmed that Rocky remained at Magic Island.

Sadie and Kolohe
Sadie Buster and Kolohe
Rocky - Go Home!!

1 comment:

Dana Jones said...

Yeah, well she was STILL there when I picked up the signs and left at 8:00PM. Could NOT get the people are the seal to leave. Checking in the AM to make sure she's gone to Colleen's house.