Monday, June 21, 2010

6/21/2010 All The Way From Nebraska

Dear Blog Lady,
Well, I have a confession to make….I, too, named a little monk seal before I left Molokai. I named our little female pup that was born down at Kalaupapa on March 13. Her momma is I15 (the youngest female to give birth at the age of 4 a couple years ago)
Diane and I had make a promise that we would not “name” another seal as you see our “kidz” that we named last year have only been seen once since their tagging. So we would just prefer to know them by a number. However, after spending an afternoon with I15 and her pup before I moved, the name I picked really seemed to fit. I named her “Hope” now it won’t be in any records cuz, we don’t name them….but, she will be forever in my heart, “Hope” for the recovery of this wonderful mammal. I know it’s not a Hawaiian name or of great significance but…..RT00-01 gives me HOPE.

Sealed in my Heart,
Val Bloy
Nebraska

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Hey Nebraska, I understand what you mean and I still like your choice of "HOPE". We need that, seals are a struggling mammal...Hope is beautiful!!!!