Wednesday, June 30, 2010

6/30/2010 DB Dailies

The first order of business is to clear up yesterday's U/U at Turtle Bay. My pal John Johnson was on dawn patrol this morning. He found and documented Right Spot right where she had been yesterday. She obviously got a package deal on a Turtle Bay overnighter. Her right side natural bleach, and her notched hind flipper were clearly visible. Dera called later to recant her opinion on the male belly. When she got home and looked at her shots, it was an obvious female belly. Bottom line... Dana was lookin' at Right Spot just like she said. John has also provided some outstanding Mom & Pup shots from today.

At 0620 I found Buster cruisin' the left end of Rabbit Island. He would ultimately haul out to the left end and remain there all day.

When I got to Makai Pier at 0640 I found EG&P doing the first of 3 observed feeds. I would also see 3 swims today. That was the RI cast for today. I never got a decent photo.

At 1245 Dera called with the report of an animal hauling out at Sandy Beach. Posse member Alice called just milliseconds later. When I arrived at 1300 I found Benny on the sewer outfall at the far east end of Sandy Beach. I got him cordoned off, but I didn't think he'd last long at that location with the rising tide. Alice called at 1512 to say that the tide had gotten to him, and he had swam to the channel at Half Point and departed. I arrived at 1523 and picked up the stuff.

At 0708, posse member Toni Russ in Ewa Beach, called to report Irma on the beach, near her backyard. She put out signs, and provided photos.

At 0805 Team Billand reported Makaiwi, fronting #1704, at the Nimitz Cottages.

No comments: