Wednesday, June 23, 2010

6/23/2010 DB Dailies

On my first look at Rabbit Island, from the Makapuu Overview at 0642 I found Ewa Girl and pup (D#29) moving toward the water at the left end of the beach to set off on the first of 2 observed swims. I would also see 2 feeds. They remained at the left end all day.

Also at 0642 I found Sadie up in the Morning Glory , 60 ft right of 3BS. She would move down to the water line at 0913, and at 0916 I became aware of a small head occasionally looking up, directly in front of her. It would turn out to be Duke. The two remained together at 3BS the rest of the day. On my 1417 recheck of RI , from MP I found that RIP had now joined Duke and Sadie (mostly Sadie) at 3BS.

On my 1225 recheck of the SE quadrant spots, I happened on to Irma, who was at the east end of Irma's. Witnesses said that she had been there when they arrived at 1045. She had not been there on my 0845 check. I cordoned her off , and I've checked her throughout the afternoon. I'll be returning shortly. I'd last seen her , at Sandy Beach on 6-17-10. Where she has been, only Irma knows. I picked up the rope at 1930. Irma was peacefully snoozin'.

Team Billand had called in the morning to say that all they'd found was a wallow, molt, and poop at NIM. (Now that's the way to start the day !!). They called at 1522 to report Makaiwi just beyond the 2nd bunker on the west side of the Nimitz jetty.
(We have hope and see what happens now that the Pac-Rim exercises have begun .... lets hope the seals stay far away.)
Ewa Girl and Pup

No comments: