Sunday, June 6, 2010

6/5/2010 DB Dailies


The day began with Ewa Girl and pup just exiting the water at Rabbit Island at 0630. Also at 0630 Duke was cruisin' in the grass at the right end of the beach. At 0655 he would move down for the day. All cast remained there all day.

The day got alittle more interesting at 0656 with a call from Dana Jones, reporting 2 animals in Waikiki, near the zoo. When I initially arrived I first checked the Queens area but finding nobody I began moving to the west toward Waikiki. At Kuhio beach, 100 ft west of "The Wall" I found Rocky and Buster together on the beach. Becky Gray was on the scene, as will as many, many people. The cops had put up tape so I just added signs.

At 0953 they entered the water and at 1000 they had exited the pool area through the west exit, swimming to the west not far off shore. We followed and the life guard at tower 2A reported that he'd seen them swim out the channel fronting the Moana Hotel. I was preparing to leave Waikiki when another call came from Dana Jones at 1100, reporting that the cops had called reporting 2 animals hauling out near the Hilton Hawaiian Village. When I arrived at 1129 I found Buster and Rocky once again, this time on a small strip of beach between the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor. The cops had taped off the entire beach, so I put up signs and decreased the area of the cordon. I departed at around 1300 when relieved by other volunteers. The was a great response to both the calls, and I want to thank each and every one of you for being there. You know who you are ! Per Dana, Rocky and Buster departed at 1910.

Team Billand reported 4DF in Ewa Beach at 0920.

No comments: