Monday, June 21, 2010

6/21/2010 DB Dailies

At 0624 I found Ewa Girl & pup just hauling out to the left end of the beach at Rabbit Island . Right behind them , in the shore break was RIP. Though he would maintain a 30 ft separation from them, he would remain with them all day. No matter what Ewa Girl tried, he would not leave. He pulled the same thing last year, which is why he is #1 on my daddy list this time around. It looks like he wants to be first in line again this year. His presence definitely had an affect on EG&P's day. The only swim was the one I saw them returning from in the wee early hours. I did , however , see 4 feeds.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0840 I realized that Sadie was up in the shadows of the cliff, 40 ft left of 1BS. She would move down mid morning allowing me to see that she is approximately 10% molted on D#2. She would move down the the left end of the beach, and at 1025 Buster would join her. They remained together the rest of the day.

On a pan at 0925 I found Duke's little green bod, 60 ft left of 2BS. He would remain there all day.

On a pan at 1107 I found RM38 coming up from behind the water front rocks at the right end of the beach. His L18 bleach was clearly visible. He would back behind the rocks just moments later, and I did not see him again today.

At 0936 Dera called with a Sandy Beach lifeguard report of an animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 0946 I found Benny. His last sighting , which also happened to be at Sandy Beach was on 6-1-10. At 1100 I called posse member Alice, hoping that she was sitting at SB with Benny, as she often is, but alas she was at home. She did however , volunteer to run down and check on his status. She called back at 1130 to advise that Benny was gone. I retrieved the equipment and returned to Makai Pier. I knew Benny wasn't going to let me off the hook that easily. Sure enough, at 1418 came a call from the lifeguards about another seal arrived at the same location. When I arrived at 1423, it was Benny.......again. He has remained there all afternoon, and I'll be returning shortly to check on him. When I got to SB at 1814, Benny was gone. Witnesses said he departed of his own volition at approximately 1800.

Team Billand checked in at 0717 to report that Makaiwi (4DF) was at Nimitz Cottages fronting #1708.

The Billand made the trip to Iroquois Point, of their own volition, since they had missed an animal there last night. It had moved to the Shooting Range and was inaccessible. They called at 1056 to report that Rocky was snooze in a cove at the west end of the IRQ beach.

RIP, Ewa Girl and Pup
Sadie, Buster and RIP
Duke
Benny

No comments: