Friday, June 18, 2010

6/18/2010 DB Dailies

Judging by the number of calls I recieved in the wee early hours , as I began my route, I was not the only one hoping to find Irma at Rabbit Island this morning. Alas..... despite a day on the "Irma Quest" with assistance from Stacey and Jack Henry, I found No Irma...Nowhere !!! I checked every nook and cranny, multiple times. Only Irma knows !

The Rabbit Island cast began, at 0608, with Ewa Girl&pup (D#24), at their usual left end location, and Sadie at Rocky Right Beach (RRB) at the right end. Sadie moved down but remained at that location all day.

I would only see EG &P do one swim, of 1:44 duration. They ranged as far as 2BS, and returned to their starting point to haul out. I would also see 2 feeds. I noted two things concerning the pup today. Firstly, there is a subtle change to be coat. It's just the beginning of that transitional reddish coat. I also noticed that although the kid has been growing alot, today was the first time that I saw roundness beginning.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0939 I found that Duke had arrived to the far left end of the beach. He would remain there all day.

At 1340, M38 arrived, hauling out to join Duke. He got nothing from Duke, and returned to the water at 1358. He would haul out to join Sadie at the right end of the beach at 1440. When last I saw them Sadie was moving down behind the water front rocks, with M38 in pursuit. Though my day was over, I sure Sadie's wasn't.

Posse member , Toni Russ called at 0638 with the report of an animal hauling out behind her house in Ewa Beach. I confirmed the Rocky ID, via computer, and Team Billand confirmed the ID on site at 0730. Toni advised that Rocky was gone at 0951. No reason known for her departure.

At 0746 Team Billand advised that they had recieved word from one of their posse, as well as Dera, of a molting seal at Nimitz Beach fronting #1806. They confirmed the 4DF ID at 0839.

M38, Duke, Ewa Girl and Pup
M38 and Sadie
Duke, Ewa Girl and Pup

No comments: