Sunday, March 7, 2010

3/7/2010 DB Dailies

My first pass through the SE quadrant was a bust until I got to Kokee flats, Portlock. There, at 0820 I found Irma cruisin' , 3/4s submerged, at Irma's Grotto. She looked like one really contented phat chick.
When I got back to Makai Pier at 0922 I found that a cast had arrived. I found Kolohe up in the Morning Glory, 30 ft left of 1BS, Buster fronting the greenery to the right of 1BS, and Sadie also up in the Morning Glory, 60 ft right of 3BS. All would move down to cool off at mid day, and all remained that their respective locations all day.
Team Billand reported Kermit has come full circle. They found him fronting cottage #1777 at Nimitz Beach, back from his 6 day trip to and from Diamond Head.

The Kenyon posse made the Ka'ena Point trek today, and came back with shots of Ka'ena and Kerby cruisin' together on a rock, and a rapidly rotting Benny on D#10 of his molt.
Irma
Kermit at Nimitz

1 comment:

Barbara said...

We spotted a fat seal from a far at another site. We ran like crazy, we felt it was KERMIT!! When we got to Kermit, he was ansi, looking around making sure he was safe at this spot. Made a nice perimeter for him. Stayed with him, just gazing at this fat traveling seal with a transmitter on his back. Cant explain how exciting finding him on shore was, my heart was pumping fast!! Oh he was magnificent! We are most grateful for his return, we felt honored to be with him AGAIN!! Welcome back Mighty MONK SEAL...KERMIT 4DG/4DH!!!!!!!! Can ya tell I am so HAPPY????