Saturday, March 6, 2010

3/6/2010 DB Dailes

I found Irma waiting for me at 0616 at the east end of Sandy Beach. Marilyn and I checked her throughout the day. I'll recheck her again shortly.

At 0708 on my first look at Rabbit Island I found Sadie behind the Morning Glory, 30 ft left of 1BS. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0854 I found that Buster had now joined her in the Morning Glory. At 0926 Kolohe hauled out and he too galumphed up into the Morning Glory for a snooze with the other two. All would move down individually around mid day to cool off, and all remained in a group, but there was no observed interaction.

At 1300 Mikala hauled out and joined the rest of the gang. Both Kolohe, and Sadie showed minimal interest in her arrival, but all quickly went back to snooze mode. Buster could not have cared less.

It was Whale Count Day so Team Billand were occupied, but at 1430 reported RI37 at Electric Beach. Barbara swears she saw her swimming by at Maili during the whale count at 0912. At 1511 they found R018 at Nimitz Beach, fronting cottage #1944.

For those of you who look at "the dailies", but don't necessarily check da' blog, I'd like to suggest that you do so, since Dr. Charles Littnan has sent two iKermit maps that I hope you will find interesting. After getting his transmitter at White Plains he has ventured as far as Beach Rd. at Diamond Head, and, as you know, made two unsuccessful attempts to haul out at Queen's Beach. He now appears to be heading back to the west. The map shows him passing Kewalo Basin on the return trip. http://www.monksealmania.blogspot.com/
(and that would be here :-)
Irma departed Sandy Beach at 1908.

Sadie, Kolohe, and Buster
Sadie, Mikala, Kolohe, and Buster
Irma
RI37
R018

No comments: