Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3/10/2010 DB Dailes

On my first look at Rabbit Island at 0651 I found what would prove to be Mojo just hauling out at the right end of the beach. He would remain there all day. It was good to have him back home. He has been hangin' out with those cute , young "W' chicks on Molokai for a while now.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0845 it was still just Mojo and I, but at 0856 Duke came galumphing out from behind the Morning Glory, 30 ft left of 1BS. He had no doubt been there all along, and invisible to me. He would move down and remained there all day.

At 0940 I was doing a routine survey of the beach behind the pier, down to Kaupo Beach Park, and lo and behold I saw an all too familiar shape on the beach at Cockroach Cove, Kaupo Beach Park. When I got down there at 0944 I found that it was Right Spot. I cordoned her off and kept track of her from Makai Pier. She has remained there all day. I'll be returning to her shortly. Right Spot departed Kaupo Beach Park of her own volition at 1750.

At 1410, Sadie hauled out to 3BS, on RI. Her N20 bleach was clearly visible.

Team Billand reported Kermit fronting cottage #1944 at Nimitz Beach at 0750. Barbara called around 1600 to advise that Kermit had departed NIM, and was swimming toward the west.

Duke
Mojo
Sadie
Right Spot

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Really cool shots of RSF, snoozing peacefully on shore, just across from Seal Whisperer. She looks like she got no worries,she is getting some really good Z's. Its what all seals SHOULD be able to do. Appreciate your protection, your watchful eyes that spotted her there, your caring gave her that snooze time. She looks so innocent, but thats because all seals are INNOCENT! Ya done good!