Saturday, March 20, 2010

3/20/2010 DB Dailies

At 0700 I found Benny snoozin' up near the cliff, 30 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0850 I found that Kolohe was now there, in the Morning Glory, also 30 ft left of 1BS. At 1057 both animals, with Benny in the lead, would move down to cool off, and remained there the rest of the day. There was absolutely no interaction at all. Watching two snoozers makes for a very uninteresting day.

Team Billand called at 0857 with the report of R018 at Nimitz Beach, fronting #1811, and at 1435 found Kermit snoozin' at Hau Bush, Ewa Beach. Unfortunately, Kermit met a guy that just had to poke him. There always has to be at least one. Kermit did remain.
A 1536 call from Tracy, reported an animal at Irma's. When I arrived at 1544 I found Irma snoozin'. Witnesses said she had arrived about an hour earlier (just after my last check...naturally ). We cordoned her off and did lots of PR, since she was visible from the road. On my 1900 check, I found that Irma had departed.

Barbara called at 1728 to advise that her sister had seen "F2" on Alii Beach, in Haleiwa today. It looks like Lona did another Haleiwa day.
Irma
R018
Kermit

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Growing up, Mom and Dad taught me how to respect the elders, treat animals with Kindness. Seems some people never learned these things. What provoked this man to poke Kermit with his pole? Why do these people feel, they need to poke, yell, throw sand, throw rocks at seals???????? WHy do they always make the sounds of a seal lion???? Cant folks just stand behind the ropes and just view these poor critters???? Must they be mean??? I had a hard time controling my feelings, I felt so awful for Kermit, he doesnt deserve this treatment, no seal does.