Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3/2/2010 DB Dailies

My first pass through Sandy Beach at 0600 was a bust, but as I was finishing up at Hanauma Bay, posse person Sheryl called at 0652 to report a new arrival at the east end of the beach. When I arrived at 0654 I found Right Spot. She has remained there all day.

At 0718, from Makai Pier , I found a little gang of 3 up in the Morning Glory, 30 ft left of 1BS, on Rabbit Island . They would prove to be Sadie, Duke and Mikala. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0919 I found that RIP had joined the cast, but more down near the water line. At 1007 Buster hauled out and immediately moved up to join the gang in the Morning Glory, briefly interacting with Mikala. All would later move down to cool off. Sadie was well away from the rest of the gang, but RIP went over to join her. All remained there the rest of the day.

Team Billand reported a foraging R018 off shore of Nimitz Beach. He almost hauled out but in the end did not.

At 1128 a White Plains lifeguard patrol reported an animal at Nimitz Beach. They Billands responded and confirmed at it was Benny.

I got mail from Colleen today sayingthat she'd been told that on Saturday (Tsunami Day) Irma had been seen at Diamond Head around 1700. She had not become aware of that little factiod until today. I'd last seen Irma at Irma's on 2-22-10, and she had been seen feeding at Blow Hole at around 1700 that day. My guess is that the girl is headin' west.

I picked up the Right Spot rope at 1915. She was still snoozin'
Duke, Sadie, Mikala, Buster and RIP
RIP and Sadie
Right Spot

No comments: